It's 2023 and you visit a website directly without any protection. No ad blockers, content blockers, or having a website's content summarised by an LLM. This is how fun that is:
- Navigate a user-hostile type of cookie notice to try and protect your data
- Close the Would you like to receive push notifications? dialog
- Scroll down five paragraphs until the article gets to the point
- Try to ignore the in-article ads and auto-playing floating video ad
- Close the you seem to be enjoying our content newsletter pop-up
- Ignore a comment section showing the need for better mental healthcare
The internet can be better. A lot better.
For now, my contribution is to identify websites that aren't in an absolute state.